Sunday, November 30, 2008

Too busy for this blog....

It is busy being a "single" working mom! I am grateful that John is at home most of the time, but his job do require quite a lot of traveling and I just have to take care of all the business at home by myself... Thanksgiving is a time for giving thanks though and I am very happy as Amilie's mom and John's wife and happy to have a good job that I enjoy and a good church to worship at. I just feel there is not enough hours to the day. These weeks before Christmas are busy at work as we prepare for the parent's night for the different classes. Being a music teacher there is a lot to prepare and when I have to stay home with a sick Amilie, there is noone to do the job for me, so I kind of have to work double to make up for the lost rehearsals afterwards. It is fun though, I really enjoy making Christmas programs with the classes, they are good kids and easy to work with. I also have a list of stuff that needs to get done before we leave for the US, but I still have a couple of weeks so I should be able to sort most of it. Luckily John is working only a short week in Germany this time, so we will have him back by Wednesday night. :)


Here is some pictures from Sweden, not totally recent but some that has been on my sharing list for a while. :)



Amilie and John enjoyin the swing John put up at our summer house in Sweden. Yes, Scandinavian winters can be quite cold so Amilie is used to dressing right for the weather.


I like the trees behind our house and the swing fit perfectly in the middle of two of them. John is so crafty, he found a way to connect it to the tree. The shade was already taken down in this picture as it was blown to pieces by one of the strong autumn storms.


It was quite cold in the house when we arrived last time, because we had forgotten to ask the neighbour to put the heater on(good to have neighbours that will help us with that). So I put on Amilie all the woolen clothes I had available. :) She is happy as always here in the garage where her daddy loves to spend time fixing stuff and working on his vehicles.



Here is a good example of one of such. :) Amilie likes to ride it too, at least when it is not moving.

Will share some more soon. :)



3 comments:

Shawn said...

cute girl! (Although John does have a girl's hair, I meant Amilie...) :)

-shawn

nsxlr8 said...

Yes, she is a lovely little girl...takes after her pappa!

Just to clairfy, John has spent 6 months of this year at home with the family without working (full time family time), so when he actually had to go back to work, even though it was not that much in the scheme of things, it felt like he was away from home too much. Classic case of reality sucks....especially after a long dose of luxury! :)

AG is definately doing a great job of taking care of the little girl on her own though, once in a while!

Only two more weeks though, and no more work b4 6th Jan.!!

Enjoying Life Together said...

Let's see...full time wife, full time mom, full time teacher...there's only so much room for "full time". A wise mom once told me, "Just focus on what is important. All the rest will get done or doesn't matter." It has worked for me for over 8 years.

Can't wait to see y'all!
~S